Hello my crafty friends!
Today’s card features the Beautiful Day Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! Each month I am going to choose one Stamp-set to feature. If there is a set that you would like to see featured, please let me know!
This set includes two chunky images of both a flower and a butterfly that are designed to show off your colouring skills (or lack thereof in my case!) I chose to make my own background paper by stamping the main image 6 times. Wanting a softer look, I decided to use pencil crayons or “coloured pencils” for my American friends! I also used the clear glitter Wink of Stella on the main image just in the area where the darker purple is present. Also, in retrospect, I would likely make my sentiment strip a little bit thinner, but overall, I’m happy with how this card turned out!
This is the artwork that is included in the stamp set and I can’t wait to try my hand at colouring the butterfly. Perhaps a watercolour technique? Hmmm, stay tuned!
The products I used to make this card are:
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Basic Black Cardstock
- Beautiful Day Stamp Set
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Heat Tool
- White Stampin’ Emboss powder
- Black Stampin’ Emboss powder
- VersaMark Pad
- Embossing Buddy
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- SNAIL Adhesive
- Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
- Granny Apple Green Dark Stampin’ Blends Marker
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper Snips
- Bone folder
- Clear Block E
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush
- Stampin’ Scrub
- Stampin’ Mist
- Pencil crayons
How I made this card:
- Cut all cardstock to size
- Whisper White
- 1 x (8.5” x 5.5”) score at 4.25” for the card base
- 4” x 4”
- 5” x 3.75”
- Basic Black
- 1 x (5” x 1”)
- 5 ⅛” x 3 ⅞”)
- Whisper White
- Stamp flower across 5” x 3.75” piece of Whisper White cardstock using acrylic block E and Tuxedo Black Momento Ink.
- Colour flowers with pencil crayons
- Adhere flower panel to Basic Black card panel
- Stamp sentiment and emboss with white embossing powder. I used my stamparatus to make this easier to stamp!
- Stamp flower onto 4” x 4” piece of Whisper White using Versamark ink pad, emboss with Black embossing powder and colour with Stampin’ Blend markers, and fussy cut out.
- Adhere sentiment strip
- Adhere flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhere panel to the card base and you’re done!
If you’d like a PDF version of these instructions you can get that here!
Thank you and I hope you have fun making this card!